BACSBattery analysis and care system
BACS: the 3rd generation of the battery management system
Monitoring, regulation and alarm system for lead-acid batteries. Ensuring full battery system operability, preventing unexpected or unnoticed faults caused by defective batteries, extending the lifetime of the batteries and helping to presence system reliabitily. The 3rd generation of the Battery Analysis and Care System.
BACS, is a network-integrated battery monitoring and management system. It regularly checks the internal resistance, temperature and voltage of each individual battery. It is also possible to adjust the charging voltage of each battery and manage environmental measurements (temperature, humidity, hydrogen gas content) and applications (UPS systems, rectifiers, DC systems, inverters and other devices). This ensures that the batteries always remain in optimum operating conditions. The system’s ability to constantly monitor and individually control the charging voltages for each battery ensures battery availability at all times - making the socalled Achilles heel of UPS systems (or any other power device) a thing of the past.
BACS is suitable for all lead-based (AGM, gel, sealed and open leadacid), nickel-based and lithium-ion batteries.
- The system is designed to monitor and control batteries individually or in battery blocks, providing a symmetrical charging process. . Individual voltage regulation: even distribution of the voltage supplied by the charger.
- Protection against any unexpected individual overcharging (gassing), drying out or full discharge of batteries.
- Sulphation problems are prevented through visualisation and communication of sulphation levels.
- Protection for nearby batteries against charging voltage faults in one battery.
- Through its equalising system, it ensures optimum capacity for battery systems throughout their lifetimes.
- Intensive and comprehensive analysis in one battery of the power supply system. · Available for sealed lead batteries (2, 6, 12 and 16 V) and Ni-Cd, Ni- MH, lithium-ion batteries (1.2 to 3 V) with capacities ranging from 7 Ah to 5000 Ah.
- Increased durability and battery pack capacity.
- Replacement of full battery packs as a precautionary measure is not necessary.
- Batteries can be used up until the end of their useful lives.
- Costly monitoring and maintenance routines are no longer required.
- Unexpected or unnoticed battery faults are avoided.
- Optimisation of battery capacity.
- Cheaper monitoring per battery.
- BACS WEBMANAGER manages up to 330 BACS modules in 10 series/strings of batteries.
- Each battery is managed individually.
- The power supply voltage range is 9-30 V.
- It fully replaces the UPS’ SNMP adapter.
- Simple DIN rail installation.
- Relay alarms for use in the network.
- Individual monitoring of batteries in a 7 to 5000 Ah range.
- Pb-Ca batteries: 2, 6, 12 and 16V.
- Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Litium- Ion batteries: 1.2 to 3V.
- “Equalising” principle: even distribution of charging voltage across all batteries, up to 150 mA for each one.
- Efficient uniformity of voltage levels in batteries of up to 300 Ah.
- Minimal heat dissipation at the highest voltage regulation.
- Easy installation through rapid connection of bus cables with Velcro fastening.
- Cables with special crimping are not necessary.
- Pre-assembly of the measurement cables prior to the installation of the batteries.
- Easy and rapid reinstallation of modules.